Written By: Ariel, Intern at Prescription Fitness Personal Training Center (Cleveland, Ohio)
Halloween is here! This fun filled holiday comes with tricks and bountiful treats. Don’t lose sight of your fitness and nutrition goals as a decorative bowl of sweets is placed before you. Between the fall festivals, trick or treating, and pumpkin flavored everything, keep in mind that the abundant sugar can wreak havoc on your body.
Fall serves as a segue into the indulgent holiday season, beginning with Halloween. Here are a few tips to keep in mind as you celebrate:
Start off with a plan!
- Halloween only comes around once a year, so a treat or two won’t set you back. However, without a plan in place it is all too easy to look back, thinking “I ate way too much.”
- Plan for indulging a little, (it wouldn’t be Halloween if you didn’t) but it is up to you to decide how much is ok.
- Commit to staying away from the candy bowl! For example, choose not to eat candy while you are handing candy out to trick or treaters. Or, give away the extra candy you have at the end of the night!
- Look into healthier alternatives to your favorite treats and snacks. There are plenty of recipes and ideas to be found!
Keep up with your exercise regimen.
- The festivities make it easy to take a day off from working out. One day turns onto two, followed by three and so on. Planning comes into play again here. Set aside the time in your schedule to make sure you get your work out in.
- Don’t let the holiday season be your scapegoat to working out!
Lastly, be safe!
- Whether you are trick or treating with little ones, attending a party, or staying home, safety is always a priority. Check your candy or treats before eating them and always be aware of your surroundings.
Have a happy, healthy, and safe Halloween!
If you have any questions regarding a healthy Halloween, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.